Universal Day 11 Ginger Snap Hats Kit
Hats are the ultimate winter accessory. Not only are they necessary, but when you make them yourself, you have endless room to play and create something special. The Ginger Snap Hats are a trio of patterns rolled into one! Perfect to make as holiday gifts for loved ones, or a special treat for yourself, these festive hats combine a variety of stitch patterns and techniques into one kit that you’ll love making and wearing.
DIFFICULTY: Easy to Intermediate
SIZES: Adult Medium
- Note that all height measurements exclude pom poms
- Two-Color Plaid Hat, Circumference: 19¼”(stretches to approx. 21”), Height: 8½”
- Two-Color Cable Hat, Circumference: 18”(stretches to approx. 20”),Height (with brim unfolded): 10”
Three Color Hat, Circumference: 18½”(stretches to approx. 20”), Height: 8½”
- Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted Tweed (90% super wash wool, 7% acrylic, 3% viscose; 100g / 218 yds)
- 910 Porcelain (A) – 1 ball
- 920 Camel (B) – 1 ball
913 Smoke (C) – 1 ball
- Needles: US Size 7 (A) (4.5 mm) 16” circular and set of DPNS or your preferred ndl for knitting small circumferences or size needed to obtain gauge, US Size 6 (B) (4 mm) 16” circular or size needed to obtain gauge, US Size 8 (C) (5 mm) 16” circular and set of double pointed needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
Notions: Tapestry needle, stitch markers, cable needle, 3” pom pom maker
- Two-Color Plaid Hat - 20 sts x 24 rows = 4” in St st with larger ndl with ndl A.
- Two-Color Cable Hat - 21 sts x 36 rnds = 4” in Two-Color Cable with ndl A.
- Three Color Hat - 22 sts x 24 rows = 4” in Stranded Colorwork patt with ndl C
Save time, check your gauge.
These hats are knit in the round from the bottom up. After finishing, a pom pom is made and secured to the top of each hat. In this pattern, work all slipped stitch purl-wise unless otherwise noted.