Short Ribber Cast On Combs
Ribber Cast On Combs Short Ribber Cast On Combs
About Short Ribber Cast On Combs. For those of you who may not be familiar, ribber cast on combs are used in conjunction with your knitting machine and ribber combination to weight your knitted material so that stitch size stays equal and so that your stitches stay clear of the machine mechanism. A Ribber Cast On Comb is hung under and between the knitting machine main bed and the ribber bed using a fine wire which is threaded thru the knitted material. Holes are provided on one edge of the cast on comb for adding additional weights to your project. We have long and short ribber cast on combs for both 4.5mm and 9.0mm machines.
About our short ribber cast on combs:
- If you are tired of juggling a long cast on comb when all you really need is a short length, well this is the answer. Short cast on combs (7" combs) are great for making cuffs, necklines, sleeves, socks, collars and edgings. Short ribber cast on combs are much easier to keep balanced while working virtually blind under your machine. Our short ribber combs are very handy for smaller projects.
They are really great when used for making the following items:
- For making bottoms and tops - short combs eliminate imbalance problems associated with long combs.
- For bottoms of sleeves, socks or anywhere ribbing is used.
- For one sided ribbing such as on cardigan sweater buttonhole area and on double jacquard items. .
- For baby items or any small items needing ribbing.
All of our ribber cast on combs include a proper length wire with the comb.